The security of your computer can affect the safety of your online experience and your kids’. Have a family discussion on what everyone can do to help protect your computer and your family’s personal information. Discuss:
- Protecting personal information.
- Watching out for “free” stuff.
- Using strong email passwords and protect them.
- Don’t reply to text, email, or pop-up messages that ask for personal or financial information, and don’t follow any links in the message.
- Be cautious about opening any attachment or downloading any files from emails you receive, regardless of who sent them.
- Be aware when apps are downloaded, developers may share your information with marketers or other companies.
For more information on computer security: